Ande Flower, AICP, MUP
Mr. Flower joined EMC Planning Group in 2021, and has been in the planning field since 2005. His professional experience includes project management in the municipal and private sectors. He is skilled in the analysis of complex development requests, ordinance updates, and the delivery of compelling presentations to Commissions, City Councils, agencies, the business community, and residents.
Prior to joining the company, Mr. Flower was a principal planner for the cities of Monterey, CA and Lake Forest Park, WA, where he gained extensive hands-on experience in processing review for mixed-use housing developments. In each city, reviews resulted in well-regarded design with evolved community support.
While working in the City of Monterey, Mr. Flower created opportunities for affordable housing in Monterey with new overlay districts, access to water through advocacy, and relationship-building with developers and community leaders. During his tenure at the City of Lake Forest Park, he managed both long range and current planning activities to effectively encourage infill development proposals while respecting ecological habitat. In the private sector of Seattle (MAKERS), he spearheaded creation of objective design standards for Vancouver, WA.
- M.U.P. – University of Washington at Seattle, WA, Urban Planning, 2006
- B.A. – University of Washington at Tacoma, WA (Graduated Magna Cum Laude), Urban Studies, 2004
- University of Florida at Gainesville, FL, Architecture Coursework, 1989 – 1993
- HUS-sponsored Design-Build for Yakama Nation, led by architect Michael Pyatok.
CERTIFICATES & TRAINING
- Urban Design Certificate, University of Washington – Seattle
- Historic Preservation Certificate, University of Washington – Seattle
- GIS Certificate, University of Washington – Seattle
- AICP – American Institute of Certified Planners, Professional Certification, since 2005