LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCP)
EMC Planning Group’s team of experts is uniquely qualified to assist jurisdictions within California with their coastal programs. We have extensive experience working with various counties, cities, special districts, and commissions on projects within coastal areas, and specific experience working on long-range coastal planning documents such as Local Coastal Programs. We take pride in the fact that we prepare documents that are consistent with all regulatory requirements and that are forward thinking, sensitive to environmental sustainability, user-friendly, easy to implement, meet the needs of the communities the plans are intended to benefit, and are coordinated with the Coastal Commission staff, as appropriate, throughout the process.
Some of the services we offer include the following:
- Local Coastal Programs, Local Coastal Program Updates, and Local Coastal Program Amendments
- Coastal Zoning Updates
- Coastal Development Permits
- Coastal Land Use Feasibility Studies
- Coastal Vulnerability Assessments
- Sea Level Rise and Coastal Hazards Analysis
- Coastal Hazards Planning and Adaptation Strategies
- California Environmental Quality Act Compliance
- Coastal Habitat Assessments and Environmental Sensitive Habitat (ESHA) Mapping
- Regulatory Advisement
EMC Planning Group’s coastal team has the environmental and land use experience that is necessary to assist our clients to successfully navigate the complex coastal planning and permitting process.