Rachel Hawkins, JD
Ms. Hawkins joined the firm in 2015. Her responsibilities include the research, preparation, and production of environmental documents, in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and assisting with permit processing and various other planning projects.
Prior to joining EMC Planning Group, Ms. Hawkins completed a legal fellowship with the Institute for Fisheries Resources where she worked to ensure various agencies’ projects were in compliance with administrative regulations and environmental policies, including CEQA and NEPA. She drafted comments highlighting the deficiencies of environmental documents or composed comments encouraging federal agencies to complete additional environmental review where there was an improper Finding of No Significant Impact. Other responsibilities included conducting extensive legal research on environmental issues and drafting weekly briefs simplifying complex environmental law issues to be sent out to the organization’s members.
- J.D. – Golden Gate University School of Law at San Francisco, 2013
- B.A. – California State University at Chico, Political Science, 2009
- Initiative Author, Initiative Measure to Allow For a Recreational Vehicle Park and other Recreational Oriented Uses in the Vicinity of the Fort Ord National Monument, Laguna Seca Raceway and Recreation Area, and the Monterey Peninsula and Monterey Bay Region.
- Author, EPA Shoots Down Lead Shot Regulations: Lead Ammo’s Unreasonable Risk to Human Health and the Environment and the Special Situation of the California Condor, 5 Golden Gate U. Envtl. L.J. 533 (2012)
CERTIFICATES AND TRAINING
- Member, California State Bar: License # 297071
- Member, Association of Environmental Professionals