biological resources and Regulatory Compliance
EMC Planning Group biologists assist public and private sector clients in assessing biological resources and complying with resource agency regulations and permits on both large and small projects. Our reputation for success is founded on regional expertise in surveying for general biological resources and targeted special-status species. We coordinate with clients during the initial stages of project planning to help identify controversial issues and propose achievable, effective impact avoidance and minimization strategies to save time, reduce costs, and expedite project approvals.
By incorporating this pro-active philosophy into our client support services, we are able to provide project proponents with technically sound, appropriately detailed documents. By analyzing potential constraints early in the scoping process, EMC Planning Group has been able to help clients avoid costly delays to project schedules and earn early regulatory agency permitting approval.
EMC Planning Group biologists offer clients adaptive, innovative solutions to environmental compliance challenges. We provide comprehensive and scientifically defensible project impact analyses and biological resources documentation to comply with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements.
Biological Resources Services
- Biological Literature Reviews
- Database Searches
- Field Surveys
- Biological Constraints Analysis
- Plant Community Mapping
- Focused Surveys and Habitat Assessments for Special-Status Species
- Pre-Construction Focused Surveys
- Construction Monitoring
- Mitigation Planning and Monitoring, including Habitat Restoration Design
- Preliminary Assessment and/or Delineation of Wetland and Waterways of the U.S.
- Regulatory Agency Consultation, Permitting, and Compliance
- CEQA Compliance
- NEPA Compliance
Permitting and Regulatory Compliance Services
Permitting and regulatory compliance requires the ability and experience to think ahead, understand hurdles to be jumped. and keep an eye on the
day-to-day details. EMC Planning Group conducts various biological surveys/assessments and consultation for and preparation of compliance documentation, along with permit application assistance and habitat mitigation planning and monitoring for the following state and federal environmental regulations:
- Wetland Protection and Floodplains
- California Coastal Act
- Federal Clean Water Act
- Federal Endangered Species Act
- State Endangered Species Act
- Environmental Review Compliance (CEQA/NEPA)
Permitting and Regulatory Compliance Services include:
- Technical Report Coordination and Preparation
- Regulatory Agency Compliance
- Application Preparation, Monitoring, and Coordination
- Public Hearing Representation
- Mitigation Compliance