EMC Planning Group has been assisting public agencies comply with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) since 1979. Environmental impact assessment requires a technical understanding of natural processes and how those processes might be affected by proposed development. Our goal is to provide thorough research and analysis of environmental impacts and provide complete informational documents for decision-makers on the environmental effects of land use and development proposals presented to them.
EMC Planning Group has technical expertise and experience in preparing the following CEQA and/or NEPA documentation:
- Initial Studies/Environmental Impact Reports,
- Environmental Assessments/Environmental Impact Statements,
- CEQA/NEPA Noticing,
- CEQA Findings, and
- Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plans.
EMC Planning Group has the in-house technical expertise to address the following environmental issues:
- Important Farmlands Assessment,
- Visual Impact Assessment,
- Biological Resource Impact Assessments,
- Wetland Assessments,
- Air Quality Modeling and Impact Assessment, and
- Climate Change Impact Assessment.
EMC Planning Group regularly assembles and manages a variety of other environmental specialists such as archaeologists, historians, geologists, hydrologists, noise consultants, and transportation and traffic engineers to provide interdisciplinary teams needed to complete environmental impact assessment.